ARASAIG is a Bavaria 30 Cruiser, she is a spacious and comfortable cruiser offering two separate double cabins, large open plan living space, separate heads compartment and large spacious cockpit. The German boatbuilding powerhouse understands how to build practically designed yachts. At just over 31 feet in overall length, the Bavaria 30 Cruiser offers everything a coastal cruiser may desire with many of the features you would find on her larger sisters.
ARASAIG is a well presented, much-loved example of the Bavaria 30 Cruiser; lightly used and well looked after. We are now looking for something slightly larger and so she is looking for a new owner.
WHAT THE BUILDERS SAY
'The new Bavaria 30 Cruiser, the answer for the smaller yacht buyer. 31 feet overall, the 30 Cruiser has more displacement than the 32, and boasts more sail area on over two feet more mast height, indicating an even better sailing performance potential. A fuller hull shape also allows for a larger relative interior volume that retains the same ample light and ventilation evident in all previous models.
The 30 Cruiser has that same “yacht” feel as all the other Bavaria Cruiser series models, taking full benefit of the lighter mahogany woodwork that is a signature of the new series Bavarias. Add to all this the no compromise construction benefits obtained with the use of a full interior “grid” system and the 30 Cruiser is definitely a yacht whose cruising potential is as limitless as the imagination of the owner.'
'The Bavaria 30 is an entry-level cruiser with all the features that any sailor would look for in a coastal cruiser. With each of its two cabins equipped with a double bunk, hanging locker, and small open area, the interior is large enough to accommodate two couples or a small family on a weekend (or even longer) cruise. The straight settees in the saloon are over 6 feet long, and its inlaid dining table can drop down to create a double bunk. The space has just over 6 feet of headroom. The galley has a two-burner stove, refrigeration, a stainless-steel sink, and even a bit of counter space. A full forward-facing nav station includes a small chart table, space to mount electronics, and a contoured seat. A fully enclosed head with vanity completes the interior. The J & J Designs hull should offer a responsive and forgiving ride. The fin keel carries over 2,200 pounds of ballast in the bulb for stability, and the deep spade rudder should provide plenty of bite. Add to this more than 550 square feet of sail area, and you may realize that the Bavaria 30 is not your average entry-level boat.'
Sail Magazine. Best Boats. August 2005. www.sailmagazine.com
• New Mainsail August 2020 with MDS slides & full length battens.
• New Dodgers with clear panels 2020.
• Saildrive diaphragm replaced Sept 2018.
• Leisure battery new March 2020.
• Alternator new Mar 2020.
• Electric Anchor Windlass serviced Nov 2020.
• Raymarine Axiom chart plotter - New 2018.
• Ocean Safety 4 person liferaft in service until Feb 2021
• Engine fully serviced July 2020.
• All engine control cables replaced July 2020.
• Heads serviced and full service kit replaced.
• All LED lights replaced Topside (mast/sailing, etc.) and below deck with high end LED units.
• NEST CO / Fire detector (inc. auto night light) new Mar 2020.
• Mooring lines new Mar 2020.
• TV new May 2020.
• Samsung Blu-Ray DVD.
• Inverter new June 2020.
Marine survey from Richard Schooling MRINA available from March 2020.
Full Rig appraisal, inc. rig retuning, by CRHU Rigging Specialists carried out Dec 2020.
Tender & Outboard available by negotiation.
• Single piece GRP moulded hull.
• Hand consolidated sandwich GRP construction, cored above waterline, solid GRP below waterline.
• Kevlar reinforced bow sections
• GRP moulded internal structural matrix including floors and stringers, fully bonded to hull with GRP overlays.
• Bolt on iron fin type ballast keel
• Spade rudder.
• Hull finished below waterline with blue antifouling.
• Hull finished above waterline in original white gelcoat with blue sheerband and boot top.
• Hand consolidated sandwich GRP construction.
• Moulding finished in white gelcoat with blue style stripe.
• Decks and coachroof finished with moulded non-slip textured panels.
• Teak laid panels finish cockpit seating and sole.
• Anodised alloy toerail with integrated fairleads.
SPARS AND RIGGING
• Twin spreader 9/10ths fractional sloop rig.
• Mast and spars by Selden in silver anodised alloy.
• Standing rigging of 1x19 stainless steel with roll swage terminals.
• Selden 100S Furlex roller reefing system for Genoa.
• Full battened slab reefing mainsail with lazy jacks and stackpack cover.
• Gas strut Selden kicker.
• All lines lead aft to cockpit except Genoa halyard.
• Spinlock rope clutches to control lines lead aft.
• LED Masthead navigation lighting.
• Primary Winches - 2x Lewmar 30. 2 Speed, self-tailing. On cockpit coaming.
• Halyard Winches - 2x Lewmar 16. 2 Speed, self-tailing. Port & Starboard of the companionway.
• Mainsail - White Dacron. 3 slab reefs. Owen Sails (New August 2020).
• Genoa - White Dacron with blue UV stripe. Roller reefing. Elvstrom Sails.
• Sprayhood - Blue with window forward.
• Mainsail Cover - Stackpack type.
• Spray Dodgers – Clear panels for enhanced visibility.
• Bimini – Blue. Full Bimini cover & hoop (missing rail strop)
. Wheel / Binnacle cover - Blue
The Bavaria 30 is an ideal starter boat for a couple or young family. With all lines lead aft to the cockpit and primary winches within reach of the helm the boat is easily handled with a short crew.
• Decks and coachroof finished in non-slip textured panels.
• Alloy toerail with integrated fairleads.
• Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit railings.
• Plastic coated stainless steel guard wires running the length of the decks, supported with alloy stanchions.
• Port and starboard alloy mooring cleats fore and aft.
• Track mounted midships cleat port and starboard.
• Single stemhead roller.
• Self draining anchor locker, accessed through deck hatch.
• Stainless steel grabrails on coachroof aft of mast.
• Moulded cockpit coamings.
• Laid teak panels to finish cockpit sole and seats.
• Wrap around cockpit seating.
• Large cockpit locker below starboard seating.
• Moulded GRP pedestal with built in instrument pod and teak topped folding table. Storage locker within table.
• Removable seat section centrally aft creating walk-thru entrance from transom.
MOORING AND GROUND TACKLE
• Main Anchor - Approx 35 meter of chain.
• Spare anchor.
• Electric Anchor Windlass - Mounted within anchor locker, below deck level.
• Mooring Warps - Selection.
• Fenders - Selection.
• Depth - Raymarine ST60 Tri-Data display mounted on pedestal.
• Log - Raymarine ST60 Tri-Data display, mounted on pedestal.
• Wind - Raymarine ST60+, mounted on pedestal.
• Plotter - Raymarine Axiom MFD, mounted on pedestal
• Autopilot - Raymarine ST4000+ pilot control head with wheel drive.
• Compass - Plastimo Olympic 135 on pedestal.
• Freshwater System - Fully pressurised hot and cold water system.
• Faucets in galley and heads with outside shower at transom.
• QL Calorifier providing hot water, heated by engine or 240V immersion heater.
• Single plastic freshwater tank or 150ltr capacity. Tank level gauge on main switch panel.
• Additional freshwater tank in forepeak with separate (new Nov 2020) pump.
• Galley Stove - Bavaria Yachts, two burner and oven gas cooker.
• Refrigerator - Top loading built-in below galley work surface. Waeco,12v, air-cooled compressor unit.
• Heads - Jabsco manual marine toilet. Discharge overboard or via holding tank. Single plastic holding tank of 40ltr capacity.
• Shore Power System - Hardwired system with RCD protection. Ring main, immersion heater and battery charger.
The accommodation below decks is of the standard modern layout with separate double fore and aft cabins with a large open plan saloon centrally. The layout provides a practical living space maximising the volume of the hull.
Fore Cabin - Large double V-bunk. Storage shelves running the length of the bunks outboard overhead. Hanging lockers at aft end of cabin port and starboard. Light and ventilation provided by large opening deck hatch. Bin type lockers provided beneath bunks.
Saloon - Occupying full beam of the boat. Bench seating port and starboard which converts to two occasional single bunks. Large centrally mounted double drop leaf saloon table with bottle storage provided in central part of table. Storage lockers provide outboard of bunks overhead. Seating backs can be lifted to access cave type lockers port and starboard. Additional bin type lockers provided beneath starboard bunk.
Galley - Port side of companionway. L-shaped galley with fiddled worktop. Storage provided beneath work surface with additional lockers outboard. Single stainless steel sink, top loading fridge and two burner gas cooker.
Nav Station - Starboard side of companionway. Partial bulkhead to separate from saloon. Forward facing chart table with navigators seat. Storage provided in table for charts with bosuns drawers and lockers beneath. Cobra Marine DSC VHF.
Heads - Separate heads compartment to starboard immediately aft of chart table. Easy clean moulded compartment with drained shower sump sole. Manual marine toilet, sink, shower and vanity unit. Toilet discharging overboard or via holding tank.
Aft Cabin - Accessed through galley. Large double berth extending under cockpit sole. Storage shelf running length of bunk outboard. Hanging and storage locker provided at forward end of cabin.
The engine is located within a dedicated engine space beneath the companionway steps. the area is fully sound insulated. Access to the engine is provided with the companionway steps lifting up. Additional access panels are provided from heads and aft cabin with sail drive accessed by lifting the aft cabin bunk base.
• Volvo Penta MD2020-D marine diesel engine. 19Hp. (2005)
• Two-cylinder, naturally aspirated, indirectly cooled.
• Volvo Penta 130S Sail Drive. Sail drive diaphragm replaced for 2018 season.
• Ships Batteries
o Engine Bank - 1x 12v, 55Ah lead-acid type.
o Domestic Bank - 1x 12v, 140Ah lead-acid type.
o Batteries charged from engine driven alternator with splitting diode system.
• Manual Bilge Pump - Located in cockpit.
• Electric Bilge Pump.
• Battery Charger - Quick SBC251 240v charger.
• Battery Monitor - On main switch panel.
• TV/DVD Player - Mounted on main bulkhead in saloon.
• Boarding Ladder - Fold out from transom.
• Life raft - 4 person Ocean Safety ORC canister type raft (next service due 2021), mounted in cradle on pushpit.
• Plastimo Rescue Sling.
• Horseshoe Lifebuoy.
• Throwing Line.
• Emergency MOB boarding ladder.
Be the first to write a review