* Attention! The price is indicated on a date taking into account the currency exchange rate on this date
All Spearfishes were made by the world-renowned Fairey Marine of Hamble and provide a soft and dry ride because the hull shape was taken from the race-proven Fairey Huntsman 31. Made in the early days of GRP by an aviation-standard company, Fairey Marine Spearfishes provide enviable classic power-boating.
This Spearfish Mk 1 is hull number 17, made in 1972, and very original throughout being ready to enjoy as a day-boat or occasional weekender. In the early '90s two Mermaid Majestic 'Dover' block 210 BHP re-conditioned 'mechanical' diesel engines were fitted - these have done approximately 750 hours since and do not produce the black smoke associated with earlier 'Dorset' blocks.
Spearfishes made in GRP by Fairey Marine are highly sought-after, being easy to maintain twin-screw diesel-engined power-boats from the golden era of the 1960sand early '70s.
This Spearfish benefits from long-term maintenance, care and attention from current and previous owners keeping this boat in very good original specification. It has window-blinds that keep the cabin cool on a sunny day and also both a spray-hood and a full awning as well as the normal tonneau cover.Now, 5th September, back on her berth at Chichester marina after a weekend away and running very well at 29 knots.
Maintenance and improvements by the current owner
The following are the current owner's comments on maintenance and improvements:
Transom painted 2018
· Gold stripe re-painted in blue 2018
· Engines serviced every year
· Gas installation removed
· Replaced all 4 shaft seals 2018
· Replaced oil pumps on both gearboxes 2018
· Installed LED lighting in cabin 2017
· Installed USB charging ports in 2017
· Installed new Raymarine navigation equipment in 2017
· New through hull transducer
· Installed new VHF in 2017
· New electric sea toilet fitted 2017
· Installed fuel gauge fitted 2017
· Installed rudder gauge fitted 2017
· New steering wheel fitted in 2017 - old one available but needs refurbishment
· New windows fitted to the canopy in 2017.
Ready to enjoy with anchor, warps and fenders.
Care and attention by the previous owner
During 2008/9 Hamble Yacht Services carried out significant refurbishment including: Windows, hatch and windscreen resealed New seacocks throughout Bottom sandblasted, epoxied and antifouled Topsides properly polished (original) New sprayhood/cockpit cover Cockpit wood work revarnished Engine access hatches rebuilt and re-covered New engine flexible fuel lines New shafts, seals and cutless bearings Refurbished and balanced propellors Reconditioned turbos to engines New speedo (replaces original mechanical speedo).
And in addition:In 2011/12 the bottom was stripped and copper coated.In 2014 a new windscreen was fitted without Kent clear screens.
Nicolle Associates offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Be the first to write a review