Yacht shipyard Cranchi was created by Giovanni Cranchi, who in 1866 opened his own workshop in Bellagio, on the shores of Lake Como. The company was officially registered four years later, in 1870.
The Cranky family launched the serial production of sailing and motor boats in the 1930s, when the grandson of Giovanni turned the former dyeing plant in Brieno into a shipyard.
In the 60s, the shipyard launched mass production of wooden boats, including models such as Sbarazzino, Taunus, Faster, etc. In 1970, the company switched to production of boats with a fiberglass hull. The flagship model Pilotina, which began production in 1972, remained the bestseller for six years.
In the early 2000s, the brand became known worldwide. The shipyard was run by the fifth generation of the Kranka family, and DuPont technology was introduced into the production, allowing you to create buildings from Kevlar.
In 2016, Cantiere Nautico Cranchi signed a contract with designer Christian Grande, thanks to whose projects the ships become winners in many international yacht competitions.
The collection of the Italian shipyard consists of eight lines of yachts and boats:
Each of the models the shipyard offers to customize and add the necessary options depending on the preferences of each client.
Cantiere Nautico Cranchi owns two shipyards in Lombardy on Lake Como. Production facilities are equipped with a large number of robotic sections, thanks to which all the processes occur from the creation of matrices to the painting of the buildings.
Another shipyard located on the Adriatic includes a test center. Thanks to this division, testing of the developed models is being carried out, and future owners can try any of the presented boats.
About 90% of the products are exported, and dealerships and representative offices are open in 55 countries.